Olive Grove Experience
One-day excursion to nearby olive groves from Sevilla
Places visited: Carmona
- Experience olive oil first hand on a private visit to a premium producer nearby Seville
- Learn how to taste olive oil on a tutored session, and savor different food & olive oil pairings
- Visit beautiful Carmona and enjoy a delicious lunch
- A private tour available for small groups, starting from 2 persons
Olive oil is a wonderful product, a cornerstone of the Mediterranean cuisine and culture. Considering that Spain is the world’s leading producer – mostly thanks to the endless olive groves of Andalusia – this region is the best possible place to learn it all about olive oil.
Join us on this private excursion to the campiña (Andalusian coutryside), visiting the olive oil groves and mill of a premium olive oil producer. You will learn about and taste olive oil at its best by the hand of a local expert, all at your own pace.
Top off your day enjoying a guided walk and a delicious lunch in Carmona, a beautiful monumental town with a rich history. Your lunch will focus on traditional Andalusian recipes, accompanied by selected wines, and using premium quality olive oil, of course!
Meet your local English-speaking local guide and chauffeur at your hotel in Seville.
In just a half an hour drive you will get to the almazara (olive mill) of a premium olive oil producer. Enjoy a private visit to the olive groves and the facilities of this small gourmet producer, where you will learn it all about the culture of olive oil by the hand of experts: history, harvesting, varietals, production methods…
During the visit you will practice how to taste olive oil on a tutored session, and will savor three different food & olive oil pairings.
Then, continue to the nearby beautiful town of Carmona, a former Roman stronghold built on a ridge overlooking the central plain of Andalusia. Enjoy a walking tour in the company of your guide and a delicious Andalusian lunch at selected restaurant.
Transfer back to Seville.
This excursion normally starts at 9:30 am and ends at around 5 pm.
The program includes:
- A friendly English-speaking guide, specialized in gastronomy
- Private, chauffeured transfers
- Exciting culinary visits, including oil mill visit and a private tasting session
- 1 delicious rustic lunch, with fine Spanish wine
- Entry fees as per itinerary
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round, although November to January is highly recommended, as the harvest season is in progress then.
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!