The Sherry Experience
One-day cultural, culinary and wine excursion to Jerez de la Frontera
- Enjoy the comfort of a private, chauffeured ride to one of the most noble and emblematic settings in Andalusia
- Learn from true experts the secrets of the wine that made this town famous, from its slow and unique aging process to the nuances of its varieties
- Discover the rich local cuisine with a specially designed home-style menu; the best of land and sea paired the with the perfect Sherry wines
If you’re looking for little extra treat while staying in Seville or the Cadiz area, we suggest a private chauffeured outing to Jerez de la Frontera. This city takes pride in being the home of Sherry wine, but also in an invaluable historical legacy, ever-present in its culture and cuisine.
Start your visit with a leisurely stroll through the winding streets of the old town to get a good feel of it all. Later you’ll be enjoying a private tour and wine tasting session at one of the city’s best wineries.
And last but not least, your tastiest stop… Savor a delicious home-style lunch at a fantastic traditional venue in the heart of town, literally full of local flavor, with a comprehensive menu, specially designed for you.
Enjoy it all on this one-day trip that will stay with you forever!
About an hour’s drive south of Seville is one of Spain’s best-known towns. Jerez is the home of Sherry wines, the cradle of flamenco art and the famous Andalusian “dancing” horses, but also boasts centuries of history and tradition, and the perfect climate and geographical location, providing the best of both land and sea.
The city shares the noble air of its aristocratic palaces, gardens and grand avenues with the popular flavor of its historical city center. Start with a walk here and enjoy the quiet testimony of past and present. Through the narrow winding streets you can slowly find your way to the hustle and bustle of the main commercial area. Join the locals at Calle Larga, their favorite meeting point, for some quick shopping or maybe even a tapa.
Speaking of which, how about some Sherry? After your walk it’ll be the perfect time to discover the secrets and varieties of these unique wines. You’ll be enjoying a private visit at one of the finest bodegas in town, including a tasting session. And after this visit you’ll be ready for lunch. As you may know, Sherry wines share the table with outstanding fish and seafood, but also premium quality meats, charcuterie or olives and olive oil. Enjoy the authentic flavor of it all at a beautiful wine cellar converted into a traditional restaurant serving the best of local cuisine. Your menu is comprised of a variety of home-style dishes, paired with fine Sherry wines, all pre-designed by us to cater to your personal preferences.
Sit back and relax; enjoy and take it all in like the locals do… You’ll be happy to discover the benefits of their siesta on your drive back home!
The program includes:
- Sherry wine tasting at a fine local winery.
- Traditional lunch, with specially chosen menu reflecting the richness of local flavor, paired with fine Sherry wines
- Private, English speaking chauffeur for transfers from Seville or Cádiz to Jerez and back
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!