Olive Oil Harvest
5 Days, 4 Nights
Places visited: Ubeda (Jaen), Cordoba
- Stay in beautiful Cordova and Úbeda at 4* hotels housed in old palaces, and at a splendid 4* rural Hacienda in the heart of la Subbética Natural Park
- Travel through the never-ending olive groves of Andalusia, visiting some of the world’s best olive oil producers
- Learn how to taste olive oil and savor the flavorful local cuisine
- Enjoy the company of a local olive oil expert guide throughout the tour
A private tour available for small groups, starting from 2 persons
Spain is the world’s largest producer of olive oil, and the country with the greatest olive diversity: 260 varieties are cultivated in Spain!
Andalusia, in particular, is a true Paradise for any olive oil fan. The perfect place to tour never ending olive groves, see the trees from up close, learn to taste olive oil and distinguish the nuances of different varietals and, if you come at the right time of year, witness the harvesting and get the very first taste of the fresh new oils.
Departing from Cordova, capture the essence of olive oil traveling through the territories of the Baena and Priego de Córdoba Designations of Origin, visiting three of Spain’s most prestigious Extra Virgin olive oil producers, as well as the beautiful towns of Úbeda and Baeza, with the magic and charm of a historical past come alive.
A dream come true for any olive oil lover!
B =Breakfast L =Lunch D =Dinner
Cordoba sights and tapas
Check-in at your cozy 4* hotel in the heart of Cordova, housed in an old palace house. Meet your local English-speaking guide for a walking tour through the enchanting centre of Cordova, a labyrinth of narrow winding streets full of history, including a visit to the stunning Mezquita (Mosque). Taste delicious Andalusian Tapas along the way.
Night in Cordova
Baena olive oil region,
Today starts your chauffeured journey through the Andalusian olive groves, in the company of your olive oil expert guide. In just one hour you will get to Zuheros, a hill top white-washed town with spectacular views of the endless olive groves of the Baena region. Make yourself comfortable at a splendid Hacienda, a 4* rural hotel with restaurant nearby Zuheros, in the heart of the Subbética Natural Park, where you will stay for 2 nights.Enjoy a private visit to a family-owned Cortijo and mill, producing award-wining organic olive oils in the Baena DO territory. Take a stroll through this property’s beautiful olive groves and learn about the distinctive characteristics of the Picudo, Hoijablanca and Picual olive varieties. Enjoy a meal with the authentic flavor of “home cooking” at a very nice restaurant housed in an old almazara (mill). Back to your Hacienda-hotel, you will have time to take a walk around this wonderful landscape. Dinner is on your own.
Night in the Hacienda
Priego de Cordoba olive oil region
The territory of Priego de Cordova DO awaits you, the other olive oil region in the province of Cordova. Visit a premium olive oil producer located in a spectacular mountain landscape dotted with century-old olive trees. You will taste the house Extra Virgin olive oils, considered among the Spain’s best. Take a stroll through Priego de Corodova, a beautiful town known as the cradle of Spanish Baroque – admire the stunning Fuente del Rey with its 139 water spouts. Lunch will be on you own. Back to your Hacienda, if you wish, you can relax in the hotel’s Arab-style baths before dinner. Dinner at the restaurant of the Hacienda, featuring seasonal local products and the olive olis of the region.
Night in the Hacienda
Jaén province, olive oil and monuments
Today you’ll be moving on to the province of Jaén, in Northern Andalusia, with olive trees as the inseparable companions of your journey. In Canena you will visit an impressive Renaissance style castle owned by a family involved in olive oil making since the 18th century. Their Extra Virgin olive oil is considered one of the world’s best. Your time with them will not only be a thrilling plunge into history, but a master lesson on the “abc’s” of making excellent olive oil. After this visit, you’ll continue to the beautiful town of Úbeda, where you’ll check in at the Parador – housed in a Renaissance palace in the heart of town. Lunch will be on your own. After you’ve settled in, visit Úbeda and its olive oil Museum, for a comprehensive look at this product. If you wish, discover nearby Baeza, a small but splendid monumental town. Tonight you will enjoy a mouth-watering farewell dinner at the Parador, with olive oil as main protagonist.
Night in Ubeda
Back to Córdoba, end of tour
After breakfast, private transfer to Cordova (1 ¾ hour drive)
End of your tour.
- A friendly English-speaking guide, specialized in olive oil, will be joining you throughout the tour
- 4 nights’ accommodation in 4-star hotels
- Breakfast daily
- 1 Lunch and 3 dinners (one of them a tapas tour) in choice restaurants, with selected menu to illustrate the best of local and regional cuisine, always accompanied with fine Spanish wines, of course…
- Private chauffeur for all excursions
- Culinary and cultural visits, as per itinerary including city tours, and the stunning Mezquita in Cordova, olive oil mills, tasting sessions…
- Entry fees as per the itinerary
- Gourmet Gift
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round, although November to January is highly recommended, as the harvest season is in progress then.
Available upon request year round
Details & Prices
Price per person (land only, double occupancy, in Euros):
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!