One day cultural and culinary experience from Barcelona
- Immerse yourself in the Mediterranean way of life: fantastic food, relaxed fishing villages, enchanting Medieval towns and pristine beaches… all at your own pace, with the comfort of a private chauffeur
- Enjoy great wines and gourmet products in a guided tasting session at a century-old delicatessen shop
- Discover the artisan elaboration of the exquisite local goat cheese “recuit de drap” (cloth-wrapped curd)
In Palafrugell, a medieval town in the heart of the Costa Brava, take a leisurely stroll through its narrow winding streets, the many specialized food shops, and the lively and colorful open-air food market before sitting down to a wine and food tasting session that will make up a very special lunch.
Next, visit an artisan goat cheese producer in the pretty nearby village of Ullastret. And add the finishing touch to your journey by passing through the historical wonders of some of the inland towns, set in remarkable locations…
An enchanting journey into the soul of the Mediterranean!
In about an hour and a half, departing from Barcelona, your private chauffeur will take you to some of the delightful fishing villages of the Costa Brava (Palamós, Calella, Llafranc, Tamariu…) at your own choice. Step out and take a breath of the magnificent Mediterranean air, enjoy the spectacular views and relax at some of the most beautiful beaches in Mediterranean Spain.
Next, stop at the Medieval town of Palafrugell, where you can take a stroll and visit the captivating food market. After your walk, meet the family running a century-old gourmet shop devoted to artisan food products. Make yourself at home with your friendly hosts, who’ll be treating you to lunch in the form of a tasting session. Discover the gastronomical delicacies of the region while enjoying these delicious bites. You’ll be sampling some of Spain’s finest wines, cheeses and hams, with the company and guidance of four generations’ worth of culinary expertise.
In the afternoon, witness how an age-old tradition was handed down from one generation to another to create recuit de drap (cloth-wrapped curd), a delicious artisan goat cheese still made and wrapped in cloth. Finish your excursion with a pleasant short walk through one of the nearby medieval villages: Pals, Peratallada or La Bisbal, the capital of the district, known for its original ceramics.
When you feel it’s time, your chauffeur will take you back to Barcelona, where your journey ends… with warm memories and a smile!
The program includes:
- Private, chauffeured transfers with an English speaking driver
- Tasting session lunch based on a selection of local and national specialties and fine Spanish wines
- Visit to an artisan goat cheese producer with tasting of its recuit de drap
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!