Land of Pata Negra
1 day excursion to the Land of Pata Negra, Aracena Natural Park
Places visited: Aracena Natural Park (Sevilla)
- Taste delicious Ibérico ham and learn how it’s cured visiting an artisan producer
- Spot Ibérico pigs roaming free on a stroll through the beautiful Dehesa landscape
- Savor the local specialties in a home-made lunch at a family-run Ibérico farm
A private tour available for small groups, starting from 2 persons.
Ibérico ham has gained well-deserved international recognition as the caviar of hams. Experience why first-hand visiting its homeland, the beautiful Aracena Natural Park, just over an hour’s drive from Seville.
Discover the magnificent Dehesa, the endless forest of evergreen oaks where Ibérico pigs roam free. Share time with an artisan Ibérico ham producer and with a family devoted to its Ibérico pig farm. Savor the world’s most delicious ham right where it comes from, and enjoy a very special home-made traditional lunch.
Our local expert will be guiding your way, ensuring that you enjoy it all at your own pace with your family or friends.
A not-to-be-missed experience for any foodie!
Meet your local English-speaking guide in Seville.
Chauffeured transfer to the Aracena Natural Park (1 ½ hour).
Enjoy a private visit to an artisan Ibérico ham producer to learn about the natural curing process of this extraordinary product, which can take well over two years and is carried out with the help of the unique climate of the area – you’ll be tasting the house Ibérico ham and charcuterie.
Continue to a nearby family-run Ibérico farm. Feel the peace and magic of these lands taking a stroll to witness Ibérico pigs roaming free in their natural habitat, the beautiful Dehesa.
Your welcoming hosts will then pamper you with a delicious home-made lunch, based on organic foods from the farm.
Before heading back to Seville you can visit a tiny old Mosque overlooking the Dehesa landscape or, if you wish, continue to the white-washed town of Aracena to visit the Ibérico ham museum.
This excursion normally commences in Seville around 9h, returning by 18h aprox – specific timing is adapted to each group.
The program includes:
- A local English-speaking guide, specialized in Ibérico products
- Chauffeured transportation as per the itinerary
- Private visit to an artisan Ibérico ham producer, including Ibérico ham tasting with wine
- Private visit to a family-run Ibérico farm
- Home-made lunch at the farmhouse, accompanied with wine
- Entry to the Ibérico ham museum in Aracena
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!