Jamon Iberico: The Secret
4 Days, 3 Nights
Places visited: Aracena Natural Park & Zafra (Extremadura)
- Taste exquisite Ibérico ham, charcuterie and meats! right where they come from
- Stay in a family-run Ibérico farm located in a magnificent natural setting
- Learn about the elaboration of Ibérico ham, meeting artisan producers
- Enjoy meals with an authentic taste of local tradition
- Practice, if you wish, the art of carving Ibérico ham by the hand of an expert
- A private tour available for small groups, starting from 2 persons
When tasting Ibérico ham one immediately understands that not all hams are born equal. That’s what you will experience on this culinary journey to the homeland of Ibérico ham, the beautiful Aracena Natural Park and Extremadura, living examples of the Slow Food philosophy.
You will experience first-hand why Ibérico ham is so delicious and unique… resulting from an ancient model of sustainable farming based on a local breed, the Ibérico pig, allowed to roam free in its natural habitat – the Dehesa, a beautiful Mediterranean forest filled with evergreen oak trees, a true natural paradise.
Your chance to experience with family and friends what’s behind the most delicious ham in the world!
B =Breakfast L =Lunch D =Dinner
Aracena Natural Park (Huelva), Dinner
Meet our local English-speaking expert guide in Seville. Private chauffeured transfer to the Aracena Natural Park – 1 ½ hours from Seville. Welcome dinner with a local taste in Aracena.
Night in the farmhouse in Aracena
Ibérico pig, Dehesa ecosystem, local dishes
After breakfast, time to walk around the farm to spot the Ibérico pigs roaming free, and learn how they live in their beautiful natural habitat. Enjoy a mouth-watering lunch featuring local seasonal ingredients cooked with a modern twist. The restaurant, run by a very talented local chef, is in a nearby white-washed charming village. Continue to Aracena – if you feel like doing some hiking after lunch, our guide will show you a nice trail from the restaurant to Aracena (5 Km). Guided visit to the Ibérico ham museum in Aracena and, if you wish, time to take a stroll through this beautiful town, or have a taste of the local tapas on your own – our guide will assist with suggestions.
Night in the farmhouse
Extremadura & Ibérico Ham Carving
Excursion to Southern Extremadura (1 ½ hours from Aracena), the region with the largest extension of Dehesa Stop at walled-in Jerez de los Caballeros before visiting an Ibérico farm owned by the same family for generations Traditional lunch in the historic town of Zafra – coffee at the Parador, housed in a former castle, before returning to Aracena. Back in your farm, enjoy an Ibérico ham carving demo, considered an art, followed by a home-made dinner based on organic foods from the farm.
Night in the farmhouse
B, L, D
Iberico ham curing & lunch
Learn how Ibérico ham is elaborated on a private visit to an artisan producer – followed by tasting of the house Ibérico ham and charcuterie. Farewell Andalusian lunch and visit to the old Mosque overlooking Almonaster la Real and the Dehesa, before returning to Seville.
End of the tour
The program includes:
- A friendly English-speaking guide, specialized in gastronomy and Ibérico products, will be joining you throughout the tour
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a comfortable rural house located on the property of a a family-run Ibérico farm.
- Breakfast daily
- 3 Lunches and 2 dinners, with an authentic taste of local traditions, accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- Private chauffeur for all excursions
- Culinary and cultural visits as per itinerary
- Entry fees as per the itinerary
- Gourmet Gift
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
Details & Prices
Price per person (land only, double occupancy, in Euros):
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!