Discover Andalucian Delicacies
7 days, 6 nights
Sevilla, Sierra de Aracena, Jerez, Cordoba, Baena
- Stay at charming 4* hotels in the historical city centers of Seville and Cordova.
- Enjoy a guided walking tour of the town followed by some tapa-hopping through the narrow winding streets of the historical city center of Sevilla
- Visit a lively food market in Seville with your cooking instructor and enjoy a private hands-on cooking class at her attic in the historical city center.
- Taste the exquisite and truly exceptional Ibérico Ham in your visit to one of the prestigious producers of the Sierra de Aracena, and discover the beautiful natural habitat where the native Ibérico pig roams in freedom.
- Visit a very authentic Sherry winery, off of the tourist track, and taste their mythical Sherry wines.
- Visit one of the most important olive oil producers of the region and learn how Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) is produced
- Enjoy a fantastic rustic lunch at an old “almazara” (olive oil mill).
Andalusia has inspired travelers for centuries. Its undeniable beauty and charm reside in a mixture of elements… literally thousands of years of history, art, and architecture, but also the brilliant sunshine and deep blue skies, the whitewashed towns, the flamenco, the incomparable fiestas, the lively and warm people, with their genuine savoir vivre… We could go on and on, but the truth is, this is a land to fall in love with… And if you’re a foodie, this is also the place to be!
The mythical city of Seville is your base for this tour; it is the capital and very much the heart of the region, as well as the perfect place to discover the cuisine and wines of Andalusia. An endless variety of regional products means there’s something to please any food-lover’s taste buds… savory local meats, the freshest fish and seafood from the nearby coasts, flavorsome fruits and vegetables from the vast farmlands, charcuterie and cheese from the mountains, not to mention the world-famous Sherry wines, or olives and olive oil… You name it, Andalusia has it.
You’ll see it first hand and learn all about it, because just a short drive from Seville, we’ll take you to Jerez for a sip of fine Sherry, Huelva and the Sierra de Aracena for the most incredible Jamón Ibérico you’ve ever tasted, and Córdoba for some of Spain’s best olive oils.
But you won’t simply look at these products from afar; you’ll learn to use them in the kitchen… Join our active and friendly, professional cooking teachers for hands-on cooking classes, designed just for you. Prepare and enjoy the traditional recipes, and then share them with your friends back home!
You’ll be moving on to Cordova for the last two days of your trip. With a stroll around the old town and a visit to the famous Mezquita, you’ll soon discover the stunning cultural legacy of this city, and understand why it is acknowledged as a World Heritage site. History is everywhere you walk, but you can taste it too! Your hotel is minutes away from the best restaurants in town, and we’ll also take you on a tour of the local tapas bars. Outside the city, we’ll also show you the millenary traditions of wine and olive oil production. In the serene countryside of endless olive groves, vineyards, and soft hills, we’ll visit a traditional mill and taste a variety of olive oils.
A once in a lifetime experience; we’ll show you the soul of this land and give you a taste of it!
B =Breakfast L =Lunch D =Dinner
Sevilla, guided tour & tapas
Check -in at your charming 4* hotel, housed in an old palace in the heart of Seville. Meet our local English-speaking guide for a walking tour, visiting main monuments. This will be combined with a tapas itinerary along the historic centre, especially the Santa Cruz quarter, a labyrinth of narrow winding streets, just behind the impressive Giralda and Cathedral.
Night in Seville.
Sevilla, food market & cooking class
Today is cookery day. First, visit with our instructor chef a colorful food market in the hustle and bustle of the start of the day. From there it’s on to your cooking class, to be held at a private attic in the center of town. You’ll be rolling up your sleeves and actually help to cook a whole meal featuring Andalusian specialties. Once the cooking is done, enjoy a delicious meal in a laid back atmosphere, there’s no hurry. The evening is free for you to enjoy Seville on your own.
Night in Seville.
Aracena Park (Huelva) and Ibérico Ham
Today you will visit the beautiful Aracena Natural Park, just over an hour’s drive from Seville, the land of world-famous Ibérico ham. You will learn how this extraordinary ham is elaborated on a private visit to an artisan Ibérico ham producer, followed by a tasting of the house Ibérico ham and charcuterie. Walk through a beautiful family-run Ibérico farm to spot Ibérico pigs roaming free in their natural habitat, the Dehesa landscape, a magnificent evergreen oak forest. Enjoy a delicious home-made lunch in the farmhouse, featuring Ibérico products and seasonal organic products. Back to Seville, free evening.
Night in Seville.
Jerez & Sherry Wine Tasting
The excursion of the day is to Jerez de la Frontera, one hour drive from Seville. Here is where the Palomino grape, the albariza soil, the local climate, and the distinctive “criaderas & soleras” system produce an amazing variety of Sherry wines. You’ll be visiting a traditional cellar for an insightful look into the history and process of elaboration of these truly special wines, followed by a tutored tasting. Then, indulgence yourself with a delicious lunch at one of the best restaurants in town. Back to Seville, free evening.
Night in Seville.
High speed train from Seville to Cordova (less than an hour). Check-in at a charming 4* hotel in the historical centre of Cordova. In the afternoon, our guide will pick you up for a guided walking tour through the old town. You will be amazed by Cordova’s walls, narrow winding streets, beautiful patios and hidden tiny squares, not to mention the breath taking Mosque! Tonight’s dinner will be served at a great local restaurant in Cordova.
Night in Cordova
It’s Olive Oil day, visiting the area of Baena. In just one hour drive from Cordova you will reach Zuheros, a hilltop white washed village with wonderful views of the Subbética Natural Park. You will visit a prestigious olive oil producer in the area, his olive groves and almazara (olive oil mill), where you will learn how Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oils are elaborated, and how to taste them! From there to another nice village where you will enjoy a lunch with an authentic taste of Andalusian home cooking. The setting is an old olive oil mill now housing a wonderful rustic restaurant, where the friendly chef and owner will certainly make you feel at home. After lunch, it’s back to Cordova, where you’ll have some free time to rest, maybe do some shopping or take an evening stroll.
Night in Cordova.
End of tour
Enjoy your last breakfast in Cordova before getting back home, or continuing your trip through Spain on your own.
- A friendly English-speaking guide, specialized in gastronomy, will be joining you throughout the tour
- 6 nights’ accommodation in 4-star hotels with excellent location
- Breakfast daily
- 4 Lunches (1 at the cooking classes), accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- 2 Dinners, including Tapas Tour, for an authentic taste of local traditions
- 1 Hands-on Cooking classes, with dossier with the recipes in English
- Private chauffeur for all excursions
- Culinary and cultural visits, as per itinerary
- Entry fees as per the itinerary
- Gourmet Gift
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
Details & Prices
Price per person (land only, double occupancy, in Euros):
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!