5 Days, 4 Nights
Places visited: Palafrugell, Figueras, Cadaques, Girona
- Stay at a small and charming hotel and span near Costa Brava (Northern Catalonia)
- Participate in a wine tasting session
- Learn how to prepare famous Catalan recipes in a private hands-on cooking class, specially designed for your party.
- Make a full-day excursion along the Dali Trail and the extraordinary sites related with this world-famous painter (Figueres, Cadaques).
- Visit the Medieval town of Girona and its astonishing Jewish heritage.
- Enjoy dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant.
And if taste is what you have in mind, this region has a long tradition of refined cuisine, with a great variety of foods, wines and dishes linked to the Mediterranean Sea and to the farms, olive groves and vineyards of the interior.
Indulge yourself in this private gastronomic adventure, without missing out on the cultural treasures of the area, a true opportunity to capture the essence of the Mediterranean.
B =Breakfast L =Lunch D =Dinner
Make yourself at home at your cozy rural hotel & spa in Begur, a relaxing spot in the heart of the beautiful Costa Brava, at just 1 ½ drive North from Barcelona. Meet your local English speaking guide and take a short chauffeured ride to Llafranc, where you’ll enjoy a mouth-watering Mediterranean meal by the seaside. After lunch, explore the picturesque fishing villages in the area, including Calella and Tamariu. Visit the interesting fishing museum in Palamós before returning to your hotel. The evening is free for you to wind down on your own.
Night in Begur
Palafrugell market and medieval villages
This morning you will visit the colorful open-air farmers market at Palafrugell, where you can stop at a traditional bakery for a delicious bite along the way. Taste at a family-owned gourmet shop a special selection of wines from Catalonia and other parts of Spain, by the hand of a local wine expert. Your private cooking class will follow… held in a beautiful private home, just minutes away from the market. Your local instructor will help you prepare a complete and delicious regional menu. No hurries here, relax and enjoy the cooking, ask questions… and, when you’re done, sit down and savor what you’ve prepared as lunch – accompanied by fine Spanish wines, of course! After lunch enjoy a tour of nearby medieval villages such as Pals and Peretallada, without missing La Bisbal, known for its original ceramics. The rest of the day is free for you to enjoy on your own.
Night in Begur
Dali and Cadaques
Today you’ll be enjoying a full day excursion along the Dali trail, one of Spain’s best-known and most versatile artists. You will love Cadaqués, a beautiful small fishing village, found in a magical enclave, where the Mediterranean meets the Pyrenees. It is here that Dali made his home for some time. After a leisurely walk to take in the charm of the place, lunch will be served at a typical tavern, consisting of traditional fish and seafood tapas, with a local flavor. Visit the fascinating Dalí museum in Figueres, housed in a former theater from the 19th century, and known as “the largest surrealistic object in the world”. Upon returning to the hotel, enjoy the evening on your own.
Night in Begur
Take a walk with your guide through the enchanting historical centre of Girona, the Gothic cathedral, the Romanesque city walls and the ancient Jewish quarter. Take your time, have a drink while admiring the view in one of the charming corners of the old town and enjoy the local tapas for lunch. Relax in your hotel before getting ready for a delicious farewell dinner in Llafranc at a Michelin-starred restaurant, member of Slow Food, where you will enjoy a special menu featuring the best of locally sourced and organic products.
Night in Begur
End of Tour
A relaxing breakfast at the hotel will put the finishing touch on your stay at the Costa Brava.
The program includes:
- 4 nights’ accommodation in a cozy, 4-star hotel with attractive location
- A friendly English-speaking guide, specialized in gastronomy, will be joining you for activities throughout your trip.
- Breakfast daily
- 4 Lunches (1 at the cooking class), accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- Hands-on Cooking class, with your guide as interpreter for English
- Dossier with recipes in English, for you to practice at home!
- 1 dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant, accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- Wine Tasting Session
- Private, chauffeured transfers for all excursions
- Culinary and cultural visits as per itinerary
- Entry fees as per the itinerary
- Gourmet Gift
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
Details & Prices
Price per person (land only, double occupancy, in Euros):To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!