3 Days, 2 Nights
Paces visited: Barcelona
- Stay at a 4* hotel in the medieval Gothic Quarter of Barcelona, one of the most vibrant cities in Europe.
- Dinner at a Michelin starred restaurant
- Visit the famous Boqueria food market in the company of your English-speaking Chef followed by a hands-on cooking class featuring some the regions most popular dishes
This tour has its base in Barcelona, capital of Catalonia and the most important city in Mediterranean Spain. Its rich cultural heritage combines to perfection with the avant-garde of its present. But Catalonia holds this and more; from the Mediterranean Sea to its quiet interior of silver olive groves and green vineyards, the region is truly a place to treat yourself to.
And if you are a food lover, you should also know that, together with the Basque Country, Catalonia is one of the most important culinary regions in Spain. The wise combination of traditional cuisine with the work of the most innovative chefs and modern techniques has awarded the region worldwide recognition.
Its quiet sea and fertile land provide a wide variety of the freshest ingredients, as you will confirm on a guided visit to the well-known Boquería market, near Las Ramblas. Set in a 19th century building, with the Modernist style you’ll find so common in the city, it is nothing short of a paradise for any kind of foodie! With your first glance at the colorful, endless variety of products – from all kinds of fruit to fish and seafood you never even heard of, and from tasty vegetables to gourmet products like saffron, vinegar or olive oil – you’ll quickly understand what makes it one of the most amazing food markets in Europe.
But you won’t simply look at these products from afar; you’ll learn to use them to create mouth-watering dishes… Join our active and experienced, professional cooking teacher for a hands-on cooking class, and prepare signature Catalan recipes you will want to share with your friends back home!
Explore a Gourmet Catalonia like you never imagined; the itinerary is designed so you can set your own pace and truly capture the soul of the places you visit in a unique way… You’ll find everything organized upon your arrival (and we’ll join you for guidance in specific activities), but you can count on ample free time to make discoveries of your own…
B =Breakfast L =Lunch D =Dinner
Arrival to Barcelona, 4* Hotel in historic center, Michelin-starred dinner
There is probably little we could say that you don’t know about this world-famous city… it is a symbol of modern Spain, and yet has more than 2,000 years of history. It is a welcoming city that will captivate you with outstanding architecture, extraordinary restaurants, all kinds of shopping, and lively, warm people… Enjoy a welcome drink at your 4* hotel, located in the heart of the city, within the medieval Gothic Quarter. The afternoon is free for you to explore the city until dinner, when you dine at a Michelin starred restaurant in the center of town.
Night in Barcelona
Boqueria food market and private hands-on cooking class
Meet the local English-speaking professional chef. Discover and learn about the variety and quality of Catalan food on a guided visit to the famous Boquería market in Las Ramblas. Described in our introduction as nothing short of a paradise for foodies, from your first glance at the colorful range of products, you’ll easily understand what makes it one of the most amazing food markets in Europe.
For the next step of your journey, you head to the venue for your hands-on cooking class. Your personal chef will help you prepare lunch, consisting of a number of dishes, based on some of the most famous recipes of regional Catalan cuisine. Relax and chat, have a bite while you’re cooking… the venue is a private home, a charming penthouse set in lovely surroundings, with a large kitchen and wonderful terrace overlooking the Tibidabo mountain, where you can enjoy what you have cooked if the weather is right.
After lunch, enjoy a free afternoon and dinner on your own.
Night in Barcelona
Enjoy a buffet breakfast at the hotel and take your flight back home… or continue your trip in Spain!
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a 4-star hotel with excellent location
- Welcome drink at your hotel
- Buffet breakfast daily
- One dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant, accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- Guided visit to the Boqueria food market with local English-speaking chef
- Hands-on Cooking class in English
- One lunch following cooking class, accompanied with fine Spanish wines
- Dossier with the recipes in English, for you to practice at home!
- Gourmet Gift
- All local taxes
Available upon request year round
Details & Prices
Price per person (land only, double occupancy, in Euros):
To Price Table
Booking your Cultural Journey with us is easy.
- Step 1 – Confirm Availability – check with us regarding your preferred dates for your party’s chosen tour, excursion or activity. Once we have confirmed your request, go to Step 2 to sign up.
- Step 2 – Registration Form – submit the registration form for your requested tour, excursion or activity along with your confirmed dates and number of people in the group. You will be asked to confirm that you have read and understand our Terms and Conditions .Upon submitting this form, go to Step 3 to make deposits or full payment.
- Step 3 – Payment – remit payment as per “Terms & Conditions”. We accept American Express, Visa, MasterCard and Discover — OR you may process your Deposit and subsequent Balance Due via PayPal
- Step 4 – Start packing!